Wednesday, August 7, 2013

90 Day Halloween Challenge

Clearly I love a challenge. And clearly I don't have enough going at once.

Which is perfect because The Panda Post, a blog I frequently read (and you should check out) started a 90 day challenge a few days ago. What I love best about it is that the challenge can be anything you want it to be from now until Halloween.

Since I am already tracking my miles I thought that I would just make my goal to get in 300+ miles for the next three months. But after thinking about it for a while, I decided to change my goal. There is no point joining the challenge if I am just going to make the same goal for each challenge. That's no fun and just ends up being a waste of time tracking my miles in eight different places.

So I started thinking about it and I think I want to make my challenge more weight/body related. I really don't like the pressure of saying I want to lose x amount of pounds by y date. That doesn't work for me because if I don't make that goal then any progress I may have made is usually forgotten and I mentally beat myself up.

So instead I wanted to just weigh less in 90 days. That can mean a tenth of a pound and it can mean 12 pounds. I also wanted to have lost inches in 90 days. That can mean a quarter of an inch from my waist and it can mean 5 inches overall.

But then I continued to think about it and I am pretty sure I have decided to get rid of the scale completely. I am still contemplating this decision as it would mean I can't track BMI or body fat, but the way that the scale is affecting me mentally is more than I can take right now.

I still want my goal to be weight/body related so I will keep the measurement goal of losing inches in the 90 day period. I will also be adding fitness by making my goal to stick with my weekly workout schedule that I make. I've been doing a great job sticking with it so far with allowing some room for flexibility, so I think that those two goals will push me while setting myself up for success.

I think that it may be a good time when this challenge is over to post some more progress pictures as well. I just posted progress pictures and seeing the side by side comparison is a great visual for me to see that I am making changes to my body even if the numbers don't show it. Another three months would be perfect to see another side by side and to see what the training is doing for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment