Thursday, August 1, 2013

Currently

After reading a blog a while ago (HelloMissKelly) I came across a post that I really liked. She found this particular type of post here.

I'm planning on posting a new "Currently" update on the first of every month. I think that will give me enough time between posts for things to have changed. And I can add my current measurements, BMI and body fat % and even our net worth as well.

Loving: Fashion. This isn't a new development, but one that I am getting more serious about. I love the way that clothing makes me feel when I can put an outfit together and not just throw on pants and a t-shirt. There is just something about being put together that makes me hold my head a little higher and have a smidge more confidence about myself. This love of fashion often times has me searching pinterest for ideas which in turn makes me wish that I had these clothes. I know that for now I can make due with what I have and just continue to keep my eye out for cute clothes and good sales.

I've been using pictures off of pinterest for inspiration to make cute outfits with the clothes I have. I just wish my clothing selection was bigger, but I'm working with what I have. Here are a few of the pictures I have saved:










Reading: I am in the middle of a few books. I tend to do that and then I just randomly stop because I feel like I have too many things going on at once and because other things in my life take more priority over reading. I love to read, even if I am a slow reader, but sometimes my time is better spent on other things that make me happy as well, most importantly being my family. But I also enjoy crocheting and other crafty things, so it's just a matter of making the time to read daily, even if it is only for 10-20 minutes before bed.

Watching: I have very few shows that I watch on a regular basis. Same goes for movies. I'm just not a big fan of either. Since it is summer, I do have my guilty pleasure of Big Brother. I try to watch it live, but I tend to forget when it's on so I DVR it and catch up when I have some free time. The only show that I watch religiously is American Dad weeknights at 10pm on Cartoon Network. Most adults my age are either sleeping or watching the 10 o'clock news, but I just cannot handle it. I would much rather watch something light that makes Patrick and I laugh then something that I personally find depressing.

Anticipating: Isabel starting kindergarten in 18 days! I cannot believe that she will be starting elementary school and I just know that I am going to be a mess that day. My little girl is growing up, and since the chances of Patrick and I having any children of our own is pretty small, this may be the first and last time I have a kindergartener. She is so excited to be starting school and I am so excited (as well as terrified) for her. She is a smart little girl and I can only hope that her teachers notice that and work with her instead of her getting in trouble. I took the entire day off of work so that I can be there to drop her off and pick her up. It's such an exciting time!

Planning: I am beginning to plan my training schedule for the next few months leading up to Santa to the Sea. My awesome sister already created a schedule for our long training runs on the weekend, however she is currently still debating whether or not she is going to be running LA this year. I am in desperate need of a weekday training plan and figure there is no better time to work on that. I am hoping that despite Patrick's schedule (which we won't know until the week before) that I will have full support of my parents and of Patrick to make sure I get in these workouts when scheduled. It may be time to start going to bed earlier than I do in order to wake up earlier to get my workouts in before work. That could eliminate a lot of problems. I'm planning on printing out this monthly schedule and posting it at work at my desk, at home on the refrigerator and the bathroom mirror, and maybe even in my car. The more I see it the more accountable I will feel to accomplish the daily workout.

Working on: Scheduling and following through on workouts. It would help me to see a monthly workout schedule, but I can already tell it's going to be an issue without knowing Patrick's schedule ahead of time. I would love to get into the routine of going to the gym in the morning before work, but on the mornings that Patrick opens I can't go because I won't be home in time to be with Isabel, get her up and take her to my parent's before heading off to work. It's not the end of the world to go to the gym after work on those days, but I would feel guilty working out for an hour and a half when I get off of work rather than an hour in the morning and a half hour at night. I know it will all work out, but for now it is slightly frustrating.

Wishing: That we already owned a house. We are still a ways away from even beginning to look at houses, but that doesn't keep me from wishing that we arlready owned a house. I go with my mom once a month (except I had to miss this month) to a swap meet nearby. I am always finding great deals on little miscellaneous items. I have also found some things that I would love to put into our home, but our current home is just too small. No, buying a house because I want to decorate it is not a good enough reason to start looking, but it does inspire me to work harder towards saving so that it can happen sooner rather than later. Since we have only just fixed up our budget and are only just beginning to implement it, we really have no idea how long it will take us to save enough money for a down payment. I would like to have a decent amount before borrowing from the bank and it may take us a few more years to get there.

Measurements
Arm (L): 
Last month: 13"
This month: 12.75"
Difference: -0.25"

Thigh (L): 
Last month: 27"
This month: 26.75"
Difference: -0.25"

Bust: 
Last month: 41"
This month: 40.5"
Difference: -0.5"

Waist: 
Last month: 35.5"
This month: 35"
Difference: -0.5"

Hips:
Last month: 45"
This month: 44.5"
Difference: -0.5"

BMI: 
Last month: (From weight taken on 7/7) 27.91- overweight
This month: (From weight taken on 7/28)-  27.32- overweight
Difference: -0.59

Body fat %: 
Last month: (From weight taken on 7/7)- 31.37%
This month:
(From weight taken on 7/28)- 30.98%
Difference: -0.38%


Net worth:
Last month: (As of 7/26/13)- $19,046.59
This month: (As of 8/1/13)- $20,593.46
Difference: +1,546.87


What are you currently up to?
Be sure to respond in the comments, or link back here! (Again I got this idea from Kelly @ Hello Miss Kelly and she got the idea from Cara @ The Marvelous Flight of Cara )

No comments:

Post a Comment