Sunday, July 14, 2013

Weekend Recap

Well, the weekend isn't over, but I wanted to post something since I've been a bit of a lazy blogger. I'm kind of going through something. Again. I feel like it's silly to blog about some of these things, like no one cares about what I'm going through or that no one will relate to my ups and downs in my weight loss journey.

But then this morning I realized something. I need to do this for me. I feel better when I journal about what's going on. I feel better when it's written out for me to see. And in all honesty I feel like putting it out there holds me a little more accountable.

So yesterday didn't turn out how I had planned. I wanted to go for a 5 mile run as scheduled. Patrick was scheduled to open (630-3), but realized mid morning that he needed to stay until 6. This pushed back my run and was originally going to be no big deal. But then you have to factor in time to pick up the big kids, time to drive home, time to make and eat dinner, etc. This pushed my run back past when I wanted and I kind of just gave up on the workout and on the day.

I ate horribly. HORRIBLY... I can't even begin to explain the things that I ate or why I ate them. I went overboard and I am embarrassed about how I let myself have a free for all.

And then this morning...

Well I made it one week into my monthly weigh ins. I do not know why I continue to try to make myself weigh in monthly when I know that I can't make it more than a week without checking my progress.

Other than yesterday I feel like this week has gone well. I've splurged while staying within my calories and I've made the last few days livable while making better choices about what I eat. I've learned that for me it's better to focus on my fitness goals than my weight loss goals. It will hopefully help me make better choices on a day to day basis. I've enjoyed working out, making a workout schedule and sticking to it for the most part. I've loved going to the gym and have found a new found passion in the stationary bike.

Everything I put into it paid off. I love 2.2 pounds this week. I know that not every week is going to be like this week. Some weeks are going to be better food and exercise wise and some weeks are going to be worse. Some weeks the effort is going to show on the scale and some weeks it's not. I have to be okay with that. As frustrating as it is.

A gain does not mean give up. A gain can mean a million and one different things. And a loss that was less than expected also has a million and one meanings behind it.

I am hoping that if I remain focused and avoid going completely off track then I can see more progress on the scale next week.

I'm not perfect. I never claimed to be. I am on this journey for a reason. I am going to make mistakes along the way. I'm going to live my life the best I know and I'm hoping that at some point the efforts I am putting into it will pay off eventually. It may not be when I want them to, but at some point it will happen.

Last week I felt like I didn't really do enough workout wise. This week I have kind of scheduled a bit more. More than a bit more. I know that I need to find the right balance for me and in order to do that I need to figure out what's too much.

Sunday 7/14: Gym- 60 min bike ride, Malibooty Workout
Monday 7/15: walk at work, Gym- 30 min bike, 30 min elliptical, Lean Legs Workout
Tuesday 7/16: walk at work, 2 mile walk (uphill/flat) 2 mile interval run (downhill/flat), Easy Abs
Wednesday 7/17: walk at work, One Room Cardio
Thursday 7/18: walk at work, Interval Run- 3.10 miles, Tank Top Arms
Friday 7/19: walk at work, Gym- 30 min bike, 30 min elliptical, Tame Those Thighs
Saturday 7/20: Run- 5 miles, Wedding Day Arms Workout

Malibooty Workout:
15 dead weights
20 side leg lifts (standing)
20 donkey kicks (each leg)
20 back leg lifts (standing)
20 straight donkey kicks (each leg)
20 butt raise with kick
repeat until you can't do it anymore

Lean Legs Workout:
10 forward lunges (10 each leg)
10 plié jumps
10 reverse lunges (10 each leg)
10 squat jumps
10 step ups (10 each leg)
10 leg lifts (10 each leg)
10 single leg bridges (10 each leg)
10 leg lifts (10 each leg)
10x10 second wall sit
repeat

Easy Abs:
20 crunches
15 second plank
10 mountain climbers
15 second plank
10 second side plank (each side)
10 vertical leg crunches
20 bicycles
30 scissors
15 second plank

One Room Cardio:
20 jumping jacks
30 second high knees
30 second butt kickers
5 jump squats
10 front kicks
30 second mountain climbers
30 second water break
5 burpees
20 jumping jacks
30 second jump rope
5 split jump squats
10 front kicks
30 second march
15 second high knees
15 second butt kickers
30 second water break
30 jumping jacks
40 second jump rope
5 burpees
20 second jog in place
15 second run in place
30 second water break
20 jumping jacks
10 lateral jumps
5 jump squats
30 second jump rope
5 tuck jumps
30 second water break
20 jumping jacks
25 second high knees
5 squats
40 second march

Tank Top Arms
10 push ups
24 bicep burners (8 full, 8 half, 8 full)
15 shoulder presses
10 push ups
15 tricep dips
15 back rows
15 lateral raises
10 push ups
15 tricep kickbacks with 20 tricep pulse backs

Tame Those Thighs:
20 lunges
10 side lunges
20 leg lifts (each side)
20 fire hydrants
10 donkeys (each leg)
30 sideways scissors
10 plié squats
20 leg lifts (each leg)
20 side lunges
10 standing leg lifts (each leg)
30 second wall sit
30 fire hydrants
10 plié squats
30 side to side skaters
10 slow standing leg lifts
10 fire hydrants
20 plié squats
stretch

Wedding Day Arms Workout:
10 push ups
15 tricep kickbacks
15 bicep curls
15 shoulder presses
10 push ups
20 bent over rows
15 upright rows
10 push ups
15 front raises
15 bent over reverse flys
20 tricep dips
50 jumping jacks
repeat

No comments:

Post a Comment