Wednesday, July 17, 2013

5K Registration Fee Increase

There is nothing that pushes me to sign up for a race more than when registration fees go up. Especially when it's a fairly easy course, extremely close to home and relatively inexpensive. Plus, it helps when all finishers get a medal.

I get so many emails a day from racing sources. So many. And for the most part I delete them without looking because I have enough emails coming into my inbox as it is and because I would be broke, in a lot of debt and I would have zero free weekends if I signed up for all of the races that I want to run.

So yesterday afternoon I received an email about a race in my home town. A 5K/10K flat course and the price was going up at midnight. It caught my attention and I spent some time thinking about it. Then I mentioned it to my best friend/coworker. She immediately sparked interest since she has never participated in a race and has been interested. That was enough to sell me to sign up with her.

The only thing better than crossing a finish line is crossing it with a friend. The only thing better than crossing the finish line with a friend is when it's their first race.

I am going to be signing my niece up for the 5K as well. She is 9 and this will be her second 5K. I'm excited to train with her and to cross the finish line with her too. I know that she is looking forward to it as well and I know that it is going to be good for her health as well. It might be good motivation to get her moving and to help her lose the 10 pounds her doctor has suggested she lose. Anything I can do to help, and I know having a motivational goal pushes me...

The weekend of the 5K fits perfectly into training for LA as that weekend is a scheduled 3 miles. Couldn't have planned it better myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment