Saturday, July 27, 2013

It's Official..

I am a race addict and I have signed up for yet another race for this year...

I wasn't planning on spending that much time or money on races this year since I have made the goal of running a race a month next year. But there is something that happens when there is a race that interests me or if I am asked to run a race with someone. I cannot say no.

Now, granted there are a lot of other things out there that are a lot worse than signing up for races, but at this point in my life I am trying to save money so that I can buy a house at some point. And I'd rather that some point be sooner rather than later.

Since I have half marathon and marathon distance races through April of next year, it is important for me to remember that signing up for races May-December of next year needs to take priority over races for the rest of this year. That doesn't mean I can't sign up for any, but it does mean that I need to pick and choose which ones so that I can budget in the higher costing races for next year as well.

So, which race has me breaking my budget rules?

The Color Run, of course!

I have been wanting to sign up for this race for over a year, but since it's so popular last years nearest event sold out before I had a chance to sign up. So when I found out that this year they added an even closer location, I knew that it was a race I was willing to fit into my schedule. Better yet, it fits perfectly into my training schedule.

I have heard a lot of great things about this race and am really excited to run it with my best friend. We are trying to decide on what we should wear and are leaning towards making tutu's for the event. It's going to be a run to remember!

In other race related news, I have found the race I want to run in May. It's the Mountains 2 Beach Marathon and registration opens on August 1st. I am still trying to decide if I want to run the half or the full marathon, but I am leaning towards the full. I have officially lost my mind!

As soon as registration opens up I will decide what distance to do. I'll know in that moment. And as soon as the Mammoth Mountain Half Marathon registration opens for 2014 I will be signing up and have half of the year registered for. I am committed to my goal for next year and I know that as soon as I have a training plan in place then I will be unstoppable.

Until then, can someone tell me where I can find my motivation?

No comments:

Post a Comment