Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Dopey Challenge Training

I wanted to know how much time I needed to set aside to train for Dopey.

I went looking on the runDisney website and found a great training schedule by the one and only Jeff Galloway.

This is the training program I plan to follow for Dopey. training will begin the middle of June next year. A year away.

It gives me a lot to think about. There is a lot I would like to accomplish between now and next June, both physically and financially. 

I would like to be in better shape before starting to train and with the way weight loss has been going this go around it may be awhile before I see any progress. 

I am hoping that if I continue to run daily then I should easily earn about $100 a month to put towards my Dopey Challenge Savings. I just have to really focus on getting the daily workouts in and I know as soon as I go back to work and start up my daily walks again on top of my daily run it will be no problem making it to $100 a month.

I'm getting excited to start focusing again on training and when Dopey training starts it's going to be a busy and stressful six months. I think the important thing is to make sure everyone is 100% on board with it. The training doesn't just impact me, it impacts my entire family but especially my mom and Patrick. They are the two people who help me the most during training and are always available to help watch Isabel and to provide support along the way. I do not know what I would do without them.

Training is going to be taking up a lot of time, so it's important to make sure my priorities are straight going into it. There's going to be no point starting the training if I start skipping scheduled workouts like I sometimes tend to do. I think that as long as I keep the goal in the front of my mind then nothing can steer me off course.

And of course, there's no guarantee that I will get a spot in the race. From what I can tell this year Dopey filled up fast. I need to keep an eye and ear open to know exactly when registration is and be ready to get my spot as soon as it opens. I really can't imagine anything worse than looking forward to a race only to have it be full when you go to register. And that is my number one fear for Dopey.

I won't say that I don't fear the distance, but I'd rather look at it like a challenge than a fear. If I fear it then I have a greater chance of not completing it. And I'm sure the fear will truly set in after I pay the registration fee and am actually starting to train for it...

No comments:

Post a Comment