Thursday, July 18, 2013

Uh Oh...

Rachel and I participated in the Disney half marathon last year and although it has been the most expensive half marathon I have finished, it is also up there for one of the best. Definitely worth the money.

Which is why I put the Goofy Challenge on my bucket list. It was a new challenge, it was exciting and it was something that was worth spending the money on to me. Well, something that was worth saving the money for.

Then this year they added the 10K, which means they added a new challenge. Obviously you know what I'm talking about.

It was pretty obvious to me that after completing the Dopey Challenge (pending I get a spot- which is my number one concern) that I would sign up for the Disney half marathon in September in order to get the Coast-to-Coast medal.

I found out a couple days ago that they have added an extra challenge to the Disney race in September.

It is called the Dumbo Double Dare. 10K on Saturday, half marathon on Sunday. Nothing compared to Dopey. And pretty obvious that this is one challenge that has to be accepted.

I mean, come on!

Completing all 6 races will result in a total of 10 medals.. 10! 5K, 10K, Half, Full, Goofy, Dopey, 10K, Half, Dumbo and Coast to Coast. And that's nothing compared to the experiences I'll have during the races.

This may be the second time I plan on having my racing memorabilia professionally put into a shadow box. The first will be (has yet to be, but sometime soon I hope) my first marathon. I can't just allow 10 Disney medals to be put aside. That needs to be displayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment