Saturday, July 27, 2013

Someone Stop Me!!

I cannot stop registering for races.

It's a sickness.

An addiction.

And I don't regret it one bit.

I mean, I have the money right now. Yes, we are supposed to be saving money, so spending it on races may not be the smartest thing, but at the same time we have made our budget and have set aside some money each month for certain fun things (like races and golf).

We have hobbies and we are lucky enough to be able to save for our future as well as enjoy our present. The problem with this is that I have just been signing up for so many races at one time that my checking account is taking a hit.

I need to take a step back and wait until next payday until I sign up for any more races..

This time I was searching for races in July of next year. And I ended up seeing that the Calabasas Classic was coming up this November. I've participated in this race once before and it is a difficult race considering the distance.

I only ran the 5K, but this year I upped the ante and decided to do the 5K/10K back to back. This is so exciting for me. I have never tried to push my body this far and I am ready to see what I can do. I am ready to celebrate my running accomplishments. I am excited to smile as people say I'm crazy when they hear what I am planning on doing over the next couple of year. And most of all I am so so ready to start training.

I see positive things in my future. Positive things and a bunch of miles being covered by foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment