Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Back to Work

I started back at work this morning, and I thought it would be best to start off on the right foot.

Necklace from: my mom (I think it's from Avon?)


Shirt from: Old Navy


Skirt from: Target


Shoes from: Kohl's


 
And I felt great! We are a casual office, but it's always nice to get done up (especially when it helps you feel more confidence). I really think I'm going to try to get dressed up Monday through Thursday (aka- no jeans) and then go casual/cute on Friday's.

Goal: 1200
Food: 1298
Exercise: -217
Net: 1070

 
Breakfast:
Whole Wheat English Muffin (110)
1/2 Tbsp Creamy Peanut Butter (42)

Lunch: 

Sushi (560)


Snack: 
Swedish Fish (225)

Dinner: 
2 Slices Cheese Pizza (360)

Exercise:
30 Donkey Kicks, 1.37 mile walk  
Calories burned: -217

Positive: I started back at work today and I rocked my outfit. I looked good because I felt good. I had confidence in myself and I really think it showed.

The Good: First day back at work and so much has changed since I left. So much good changes that I can't even begin to explain how excited I am to be back. A few people have left (and all but one will be missed). A few people have joined. I start training next Monday and cannot wait to learn my new job. I am no longer on the bottom of the totem pole!

The Bad: It's difficult being away from Isabel. I have gotten used to being with her all day every day for the past three and a half months. I don't want to leave her in the mornings, but it definitely helps if she stays asleep. If she wakes up before I leave there are a lot of tears on both ends. I miss her during the day when I'm at work, but am thankful that she is with my parents and that they have her call me. When I get home, she usually wants nothing to do with me and has a horrible time listening to me. It's a difficult balance we have yet to find.

Thoughts: 

* I am hoping to get to bed earlier tonight. I tried going to bed early last night, but could not fall asleep. I think tonight might be a little easier, but since Patrick is closing and doesn't get home until close to 11 I will probably wake up then.

* I am having a difficult time with the 30 Day Push challenge. I made my 10 goals for the year, but thanks to some help from some friends who are also doing the challenge, some of my goals are not measurable. I will need to focus on making more measurable goals next week (since this assignment is done weekly). I'm going to keep these ten for now:
1. Have more confidence in myself
2. Be more positive about my body and what it can do
3. Go back to school for marine biology
4. Save over $10,000 in our house savings account as a starting point
5. Sign up for the Dopey Challenge
6. Make weekly workout schedules and stick with it
7. Be more organized at home
8. Be more comfortable in the kitchen
9. Start my own business cross stitching my photography
10. Buy a new family car


* I realized today how much I love my job. I left feeling very stressed about things and came back with an entirely new outlook. Training is going to be all week next week and I have such an amazing feeling about how things are turning out.

* My mom is having surgery on her back tomorrow. Nothing serious, and in all honesty it is a routine surgery. But routine in my family has not always ended well. Almost four years ago my dad's heart stopped during a routine surgery. It was the fault of the anesthesiologist, and I have never really dealt with the feelings about that day. Fortunately, the hell of that month is far behind us and he's a pretty healthy man, but every time one of us has to have surgery it washes up those memories and it's a scary few hours until we get the call that everything is okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment