Monday, July 22, 2013

Directions

I am having a difficult time deciding which direction I want my blog to go in. I want to stick with the health, weight loss, running, fitness theme, however I find that I am consistently setting and failing my goals. I highly doubt that anything I have put out there has been considered inspiring or insightful and that's really not the way I want to go.

I wanted to make a blog mainly for myself. A place to write down my thoughts and my accomplishments. A nice, neat place I could go to that held everything I wanted/needed to remember about this journey I'm on. Keeping a journal didn't seem realistic since I wanted to include photos and I could only imagine what number journal I would have filled by now. So I decided to start this blog.

I will not lie or pretend that I didn't care if I had any followers. Of course I do want people to read what I have to say. I don't consider myself to be inspirational or full of good advice, but in all honesty I was hoping that maybe I could be relatable. I want to share my experiences of successes and failures so that maybe, just maybe one person could know that there is someone out there dealing with similar things (weight struggles, self esteem issues, motivation issues, a love for running, etc).

I honestly don't know if I have been able to do that for anyone. All I know is that the way it's been going has not been working very well for me. My hope was to blog daily or at the very least 5 days a week. There have been weeks where I have had more to say and weeks where I am too exhausted at the end of the day to type out what I had to eat or the silly things that have been going through my mind.

So I'm thinking of changing the direction of my blog. I want there to be a specific thing I talk about each day. One day I will write about my running adventures, successes and failures for the previous week. Another day I may talk about personal training (as soon as that starts up). I am thinking about including a "throw back Thursday" where I include past pictures of myself (granted there are not that many since I'm usually behind the camera). Maybe a "thankful Tuesday" post to list a few things that I am thankful for from the past week (both about myself/my body and about the people in my life who support me along the way). And maybe once a week showing the outfits I've put together for work since dressing up helps with my self esteem.

I think having more of a schedule of things to write about will help with the direction I want to go in and make it less stressful when I'm sitting there trying to think of something to write about and have nothing insightful to say. It may continue to be thoughts that are not insightful, but at least I will be consistently posting and staying on topic.

Keep an eye out for these changes! I'll be incorporating some of them now, however I will be committing to all of these changes starting August 1st.

I am hoping that if I continue to see success with my weight loss and fitness goals then I will become somewhat of a motivation to other people, but more importantly I want to motivate myself. I need to be my number one cheerleader and I need to be the only one holding myself accountable. It is not up to my husband, my mom, a personal trainer..

If I'm not willing to do any of this for me then I know I won't do it for anyone else. I need to want this weight loss for me, my health, my happiness. I need to want this fitness challenge for me, my health, my happiness. And most importantly, I will find success, I will be healthy and I will be happy.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry about being consistent. There are weeks where I can't keep my trap shut and others there really isn't anything to say. Don't sweat it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! I know some weeks I'll be better than others, but I'm hoping that it will help keep me focused and motivated. We'll see if doing this helps.

      Delete