Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Wednesday July 10th

Another wonderful day at work.. Another outfit planned out..

Shirt from: JC Penny's

Skirt from: Target
Boots from: Kohl's
 
 

Goal: 1200
Food: 1550
Exercise: -469
Net: 1081

 
Breakfast:
Greek Yogurt Raspberry (140)
Old Fashioned Oatmeal (150)

Lunch: 

Garden Vegetable Medley (140)
Santa Fe Style Rice & Beans (310)
 Snack:
Red Velvet Cake (260)

Dinner: 
Chips & Salsa (240)
Grilled Shrimp Meal (310)
 
Exercise:

1.37 mile walk (-180)
2.10 mile walk (-289)
35 Donkey kicks
 

Calories burned: -469

Positive: I am officially an Underwriting Assistant! I received my offer today and gladly accepted. Patrick's promotion and raise and now my promotion and raise will help us tremendously. Patrick and I will use this opportunity to redo our budget and we will stick to it this time!

The Good: My coworker/best friend and I are getting back into our walking routine. We have made the promise to each other to do at the very least our 1.37 mile walk every day. Depending on the heat we will do both, but the temperature has been in the high 80s, low 90s and walking in the middle of the afternoon (half uphill) is just not a smart idea. I'm just glad we are both on the same page and I can get in some workout during the day while at work.

The Bad: I skipped my run tonight. Smartest decision? No. But by the time I got home, dressed and waited for Patrick to get home it was already past 8:30 PM and I do not like running that late at night as there are some streets I run on that don't have lights. I will have to either run tomorrow night or add it onto my workout on Friday. It's not that big of a deal, but still frustrating that I skipped it. I knew I should have just gone.

Thoughts: 

* I am very happy with my raise and am so grateful for this opportunity. My manager could have very easily filled the position 3 months ago, but instead waited for me. That means a lot to me and shows that I was deserving of it. Training is all next week and it is going to be awesome.

* I love my job. It just continues to get better each day. I do not feel stressed. I do not feel like I have too many responsibilities (as of yet). I do not feel like there is an evil spirit working two cubicles away. I feel hopeful. I feel like the attitude around the office is lighter. I feel like everyone knows the reason as to why we all hated going to work so much. Now that this person is gone, and we are fully staffed everyone seems happier. And the new employees all seem so nice so far.

* My mom went in for surgery today. She was in and out in about 20 minutes. Such a relief to get the text message that everything was fine.

* I spent a good 10 minutes tonight having a conversation with my cat. She totally talked back the entire time. Granted I don't know what "meow" means, but she was talkative and I love hearing her be so vocal. We bonded. It was great.

* This bonding experience may also be part of the reason that it pushed my run past 8:30 and why it was canceled for this evening. I will do it though. Before Sunday!

* I want to buy a house. I don't necessarily want a house right now because I think I would be overwhelmed with keeping it cleaned... But, I want to decorate our home and I especially want to have a backyard. I cannot keep a plant alive, but Patrick can, and since I really like succulents (and it takes a lot to kill those) I feel like I can make a nice little outdoor getaway.

* Marley is currently smacking Patrick in the face with her tail. It is hilarious... I am laughing hysterically inside right now. You know he loves her because he's not making her move.

No comments:

Post a Comment