Wednesday, September 4, 2013

September 1, 2013

*This post was supposed to be published on September 1st, however I spent the evening in the hospital with my husband and found blogging to be the last thing on my mind. So, it's a little late, but I think it still applies.

Another month has begun and that of course means a time to start over (if needed) and make goals for the month. I posted one of my September goals yesterday, but there is a lot more that I would like to accomplish this month.

Although running and fitness are my top priority right now I know that I can't just make changes in that area of my life and expect to see changes. I have spent too much of the last month working out and then erasing any progress by eating whatever I want. I'm not really in a place right now where I want to track calories or points, so I am going to be trying Intuitive Eating.
I feel like this is something manageable that, if I work at it, I can handle doing for the rest of my life. I think the reason that this type of life style will work for me is because of the amount of running I'm going to be doing. I get confused easily with the calories in/calories out and I think that if I just focus on if I'm hungry or not, what I'm eating, and stopping when I'm satisfied that I could still see a change without stressing or obsessing over calories.

We'll see how it works and if I find that it's not then I can make adjustments along the way.



I find that as I add in strength training I am finding less negativity when it comes to my body. Yes, there are still the comments I make about myself that are not kind and I am still working on that, but for the most part I have seen a change and I am really happy with the progress I've made. All from putting the scale away and working out.


This month my goal for working out is to run at least 3 days a week, go to the gym at least 2 days a week and strength train at least 3 days a week. Any day. No strict workout schedule. No strict amount of time. Just get some strength training and running in. It feels good to be flexible.

No comments:

Post a Comment