Monday, September 2, 2013

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

I've been waiting and waiting for the registration to open for the Mammoth Mountain Half. I finally received notice of when the race will be, which helped because now I can plan my trip. Not two weeks later I received the date registration opens. 9/9/13.

But then I started thinking about The Challenge. I found out about The Challenge for the first time last year at the LA Marathon expo. It was the first year and I was very interested in it. Unfortunately, the race in San Diego was the same month as the LA Marathon. I forgot about taking the challenge in 2013 and for 2014 and just focused on signing up for the Mammoth half in 2014.

I didn't even think about it. I just decided that I would be running the LA Marathon again in March and then running the Mammoth half for my June race. No question. I went with what I knew.

But then I started thinking about it a little more.

And I talked to Lorien and Patrick about it.

And I thought some more.

It didn't take long to decided that I will be taking The Challenge in 2014. I decided on this because it is new and it is exciting and there is an extra medal that I will receive for completing it when I cross the finish line in June in Mammoth.

I made this decision on Friday and immediately purchased the package for both races. And then I had a slight panic filled, anxiety driven few minutes where I called Patrick to calm me down. I needed him to tell me that I made the right decision.

He did what he does best and listened to me while I had my irrational breakdown and came to my own conclusions on how I felt about it.

I pretty much feel guilty because Rachel might be running the marathon in March. She hadn't decided one way or the other, but we had a training plan and if I did The Challenge then she may have to do the marathon by herself. I told her I would still train with her for the marathon, so we'll see what she decides to do.

I am starting to get out of the nervous phase and head into the excited phase. I mean, I don't just get bling bling for these two races, I'll be getting some bling bling bling!

No comments:

Post a Comment