Thursday, September 12, 2013

Thursday Thoughts

Thankful Thursday:

Five things I am thankful for about myself

1. I am thankful that I plan ahead. I don't usually like to leave things until the last minute (although I have been known to procrastinate) and I like that I usually come up with a plan for things ahead of time. Whether I follow through with those plans or not is a completely different thing.

2. I am thankful that I keep pushing on when I don't necessarily want to because I'm not seeing the changes I wish to see. My body is not really changing the ways that I thought it would or want it to and it's frustrating at times. Instead of giving up though I am continuing to push forward because I know that these changes do not happen over night and if I want to improve my body then I need to continue to workout. At some point my body will start to change and I will notice it more than I am now.

3. I am thankful that I have a supportive family that allow me to go out for my weekday runs. It would be very easy for me to skip these runs because of family obligations, however because I have an amazing husband and awesome parents I am able to fit in a 30-60 minute run 2-3 days of the week and a long run on the weekend. I think they see how  happy running makes me.

4. I am thankful that I have a hobby that makes me happy and that makes me healthy. I don't push myself to try things that I don't like because I know that I get more out of things that make me happy. Running makes me happy and I have often times found myself laying in bed at night after a day that I run and just smile. I love running, not always while I'm doing it or as I'm lacing up my shoes to go for the run, but it is definitely my passion and I really hope that I am able to do it for a long time.

5. I am thankful that I bought two books to help me better understand intuitive eating and my body image. I really think that this is going to be such a positive thing for me and I am really happy that I am no longer wrapped up in my weight, the scale and counting calories. I feel hopeful and positive about my body and am able to spend time focusing on so many other things.

Five things I am thankful for in life

1. I am thankful that I have a beautiful, intelligent and kind daughter. She is sensitive, like me, and I love that I am able to have all of these wonderful moments with her. I often times find myself wondering how someone can leave their child (and grandchild for that matter) and not see them for over 4 and a half years now and just not care. They have all missed out on so many things. I get in my head and think about these things for too long and finally have to take a step back and realize that they may have missed out on these moments, but I didn't. I know her favorite things and I am able to provide for her. I've been there for every birthday, every Christmas, every laugh and every cry. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

2. I am thankful that I have a friend that supports me and my running obsession, and who has now begun her own love for it. I am so incredibly proud of her for deciding to start running and to stick with it even when it got difficult. Her goals are reasonable and I absolutely cannot wait to cross the finish line of her first 5K with her on the 21st. She is going to be great and I hope that this is something we can do together often. I'm really glad that the issues with her shins have begun to improve and I know that the right shoes and her positive attitude will take her so many places.

3. I am thankful that I have been writing in Isabel's journal. It makes me really happy to think that one day I will be able to give her a handful of notebooks that I have filled with quotes and photos and entries about the cute things that she has done and said. I think that it will be really meaningful to give to her when she graduates from college so that she can read through it and see how much she means to me (not that I don't plan on telling her and showing her throughout the years). I have been enjoying it so far and have 11-12 years left!

4. I am thankful that Patrick is so appreciative of the concert tickets I bought for him. He is so excited to go to see Iron Maiden and Megadeth tomorrow and his excitement is making me excited to go. It's definitely not my music and I may or may not be dreading the idea of standing outside in the sun for 8 hours, but it is so worth it just to see him smile.

5. I am thankful that Patrick and I were able to donate money to a good cause last night. A friend from the online community I frequent posted recently about a friend of the family. Her friends two and half year old son was diagnosed with AML (Acute Myeloid Leukemia). They are going to be participating in a walk in October and are fundraising to donate to the hospital that he has been in for his treatments. I wasn't able to donate as much as I would have liked, but I know that it will bring the group one step closer to their fundraising goal.

Throwback Thursday:
I think it's going to take me a little while to get used to posting pictures of myself from the past. I feel a little weird doing it, but there are not a lot of pictures of myself from the past five years and that's kind of something I regret. So I'm going to put them out there from all phases of the past few years. From my highest weight when I was nine months pregnant and the yo yo weights from then to now. I don't know how many pictures I actually have, but I think it will be good to come to terms with my past in order to accept who I am now.

It's been one hell of a journey and I am ready to see myself, maybe the way others saw me. Again, I don't know how many pictures there are of me since I'm usually the one behind the camera. I'm going to do my best to pick pictures that show my body since this is a weight loss/fitness blog (or at least it's supposed to be).

My photo CDs are in no particular order (an ongoing organizing task I have yet to find time or money to do). Since they are not in any order, the photo's I post weekly will also not be in any particular order. I will do my best to include a year, but most pictures will be from March 2008-present as that is when I started saving my pictures onto discs.

November 2, 1999- Freshman year of High School.

I found these pictures in the photo album my mom made me. I have always loved the first picture and have wanted to put it up for motivation. I look happy and I truly loved playing volleyball in high school. Then I injured my knee and had to stop playing after two years.

Being tall definitely had it's advantages and I am somewhat regretting the fact that I didn't continue to play a sport or stick with a healthy routine after I stopped playing.





No comments:

Post a Comment