Wednesday, September 4, 2013

"You're Beautiful"

These are the words I heard as I sat on the floor in my parents living room, red faced, dripping sweat and huffing and puffing. I was 5 minutes post run and still out of breath and plain tired from a simple 2.14 mile run.

Summary
Distance:2.14 mi
Time:25:05
Avg Pace:11:42 min/mi
Elevation Gain:369 ft
Calories:279 C
 
Laps3
Split
Time
Distance
Avg Pace
Summary25:05.22.1411:42
111:45.8 1.00 11:46
211:22.7 1.00 11:23
31:56.7 0.14 13:39
Weather
81°
Feels like 83°
12 mph WNW wind
Humidity 66%
 
I ran hard for the weather being so hot and humid. I continue to tell myself to take it nice and easy, to not go out too hard too fast and to just get out for the run. No PRs needed for a two mile mid week run. I keep going out with that intention and I keep running faster than I intend to. It's not really too much of a problem yet because I don't feel like I'm going as fast as I am. There are miles where I am shocked that I was able to hit that time. Impressed and shocked.
 
Yesterday's run felt good. I pushed but I didn't feel like I pushed too hard. I contemplated going farther than I had planned, but the heat did end up getting to me toward the end and I decided to just end where I had originally planned on ending.
 
I got back to my parents house. I looked like hell. I know I did. I felt like hell, so I know that I looked it as well. As I mentioned before I was red and sweaty and huffing and puffing long after my run had ended. Isabel had brought me a cold water bottle and I was so grateful. I thanked her and she sat next to me. Right up next to me.
 
She sometimes has an issue with respecting other peoples personal space. I have a bubble and when I'm sweaty that bubble is pretty big, mostly out of respect to the other person. But when you have a child, more often than not, that personal space is non-existent.
 
She always asks me after a run or a workout if I am sweaty. Yesterday was no different. I politely responded with "Yes, I am". We sat in silence for a minute or two. She then turned to me, made sure I was looking at her and said "You're beautiful". Nothing else. Just those two words. Then she turned back to watch her show on the TV.
 
I had tears in my eyes immediately and simply said "Thank you".
 
I have a tendency to tell her she is beautiful at the most random of times, but nothing prepares you for when they pick up on those habits and turn them around to give you such a wonderful gift. I felt special. I felt loved. And I felt beautiful.
 
Hot, sweaty, out of breath and absolutely beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment