Sunday, August 4, 2013

Weekly Workout- Update

This week was pretty successful overall. I am actually very happy with the schedule I made and happy with how I executed the schedule. I left room for adjustments and didn't get upset if I needed to switch things around or change things.

I had plans on Tuesday night to go over to my mother-in-laws for a Thirty One party. The plan to do my workout DVD (which was scheduled before I knew if I was going to the party or not) just would not work. I worked until 430, Isabel had swim from 5:25-5:55 and we needed to have dinner before going over for the party at 7. Needless to say it was rush, rush, rush.

I decided that it would be too late to start a workout DVD at 830pm. It wouldn't be a problem if we were in a house, or if we lived on the first floor, but I try to be quite as an upstairs neighbor because we've had the loud neighbor before.

I made the decision to simply switch my workout for Monday and Tuesday. I had time on Monday to do the workout DVD and I knew that I would have a half hour before Isabel's swim lesson on Tuesday to get in a run (and maybe be a few minutes late to her lesson). It all worked out and it helped show me that being flexible is okay.

The other day that I adjusted was Friday. I was laying in bed at 4:30am, and I know that I could have made it to the gym for my workout but decided that I may need to give myself more than one day off a week. I do not want to burn out and I do not want to over do it. My body will change with working out five days a week instead of six.

Week of 7/29/13 to 8/3/13

Monday


Tuesday

Time or Distance

Workout


Workout

Time or Distance

30 min
Stationary Bike     ☺

Stationary Bike     ☺
30 min
30 min
Elliptical     ☺

Elliptical     ☺
30 min
1.37 mile
Walk at work     ☺

Walk at work     ☺
1.37 mile
2.10 mile
Walk at work     ☺

Walk at work     ☺
2.10 mile
30-45 min
Interval run

Ripped in 30
DVD
DVD
Ripped in 30     ☺

Interval run     ☺
30-45 min

Run/Walk                             3.47/1250 miles

Run/Walk                             9.48/1250 miles


Bike                                       10.12/1800 miles

Bike                                       9.37/1800 miles


Elliptical                                 3.30/600 miles

Elliptical                                5.71/600 miles








Wednesday


Thursday

Time or Distance

Workout


Workout

Time or Distance

30 min
Stationary Bike     ☺

Stationary Bike     ☺
30 min
30 min
Elliptical     ☺

Elliptical     ☺
30 min
1.37 mile
Walk at work     ☺

Walk at work     ☺
1.37 mile
2.10 mile
Walk at work     ☺

Walk at work     ☺
2.10 mile
30-45 min
Interval run     ☺

Ripped in 30     ☺
DVD






Run/Walk                            15.44/1250 miles

Run/Walk                           20.28/1250 miles


Bike                                     28.56/1800 miles

Bike                                      36.17/1800 miles


Elliptical                                8.45/600 miles

Elliptical                                11.05/600 miles








Friday


Saturday

Time or Distance

Workout


Workout

Time or Distance

30 20 min
Stationary Bike

Long Training Run     ☺
3 miles
30 20 min
Elliptical



1.37 mile
Walk at work     ☺



2.10 mile
Walk at work









Run/Walk                           21.65/1250 miles

Run/Walk                           24.75/1250 miles


Bike                                      36.17/1800 miles

Bike                                      36.17/1800 miles


Elliptical                                11.05/600 miles

Elliptical                                11.05/600 miles






In order to reach my mile goals I will need to run/walk 24.31 miles, bike 35 miles and elliptical 11.66 miles a week. I think this week I did really well with sticking to what I needed to do in order to reach these goals. I'm a little under on the elliptical, but I can make up for that next week (I just don't want to get in the habit of always playing catch up).

Week of 8/5/13 to 8/10/13

Monday


Tuesday

Time or Distance

Workout


Workout

Time or Distance

1 hour gym
Stationary Bike

Stationary Bike
1 hour gym

Elliptical

Elliptical

1.37 mile
Walk at work    

Walk at work
1.37 mile
2.10 mile
Walk at work

Walk at work
2.10 mile
30-45 min
Interval run

Ripped in 30
DVD






Run/Walk                              /1250 miles

Run/Walk                               /1250 miles


Bike                                         /1800 miles

Bike                                         /1800 miles


Elliptical                                 /600 miles

Elliptical                                /600 miles








Wednesday


Thursday

Time or Distance

Workout


Workout

Time or Distance

1 hour gym
Stationary Bike

Stationary Bike
1 hour gym

Elliptical

Elliptical

1.37 mile
Walk at work

Walk at work
1.37 mile
2.10 mile
Walk at work

Walk at work
2.10 mile
30-45 min
Interval run

Ripped in 30
DVD






Run/Walk                               /1250 miles

Run/Walk                               /1250 miles


Bike                                         /1800 miles

Bike                                         /1800 miles


Elliptical                                 /600 miles

Elliptical                                 /600 miles








Friday


Saturday

Time or Distance

Workout


Workout

Time or Distance

30 min gym
If needed to make up mileage on bike

Long Training Run
4 miles

or elliptical



1.37 mile
Walk at work



2.10 mile
Walk at work









Run/Walk                               /1250 miles

Run/Walk                               /1250 miles


Bike                                         /1800 miles

Bike                                         /1800 miles


Elliptical                                 /600 miles

Elliptical                                 /600 miles







I decided to not make myself do 30 minutes on the bike and 30 minutes on the elliptical. Instead I plan on going for an hour and see what I'm in the mood for that day. I know sometimes I can go on the bike for the entire hour and other times I want to stay on the elliptical. The important part is being flexible about it while still getting in that hour.

I am contemplating adding some additional strength training because the inches and weight are not going to come off  with cardio alone. We'll see how I feel. I have no issues adding workouts, it's the skipping them that mess with my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment